Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ramblings tonight...


This past month has been so exciting with all of the changes in our house. We have been getting to know Luke and his cries, noises, and what he likes/dislikes. He is very talkative. He has his cute little coos which are just so sweet. He talks in his sleep even. I had to get used to that especially. :-) We have been bonding as a family of four and Blake is having to get used to sharing mom and dad. I think we are transitioning pretty well and Blake seems happy. Luke is just a joy to have. Blake always wants to hold him and kiss on him. It is really very cute. Blake did figure out that when Mommy is feeding Luke, he can do whatever he wants. He is too smart for his own good and mine!


We have enjoyed family time. We went to Gaylore Ice this year to see all the amazing sculptures. This years theme was Dr. Suess's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Blake loves that movie and he loved the ice! It sure was cold. Luke stayed in the warm lobby. We had a blast at Thanksgiving as well. Blake enjoyed playing football with Daddy and his cousins. We also go to go to his first Thanksgiving Feast at his school. Last week, he had his first Christmas concert and his first Christmas party. With me and Scott being off on leave, we are both able to see all of these special moments with him. Luke gets to come too. Blake loves to show his class his brother. :-)


I actually spent all day with both boys by myself and I think it went well. I had been worried about this because I wasn't sure how I would juggle two. I have only had one for four years! I even had an outing to Babies R Us too. Blake was a great listener and stayed by my side. He even stayed with me when I had to feed Luke before we left and helped me get things when Luke threw up in the nursing room. He is really maturing right in front of my eyes. We played cars, trains, and transformers and watched a Christmas movie when we got home. He even laid down for a short rest. :-)


I am so excited for Christmas to get here. Each year it gets more and more fun and now that we have two kiddos, it is even better. If someone would have told me when I was little that Christmas was so much better when you are the parent, I would never have believed them. It really makes my heart happy to see Blake light up with the magic of the season. This year we even had him focus more on giving. I am sure he doesn't quite get all of that yet, but I figured the more we talk about it early, the better we will be when he is a teenager and wanting everything! LOL We tried to show him how much fun it is to go shopping for a friend or a family member. We let him pick out presents for Luke and some of his friends. We made a big deal about how the shopping trip was about giving and he actually got excited about it. The one thing I did not foresee is that what he picked out for his friends may not be in my budget! It was tough to explain to him that we couldn't get a $100 helmet or whatever for his friend because our budget was not that high. It is the thought that counts because the things he picked out that were too expensive, the kids would have loved. :-( If only money were no object...



Blake has really been into sports lately. He is always wanting to play football and has actually gone to a couple of his cousins basketball games and enjoyed it. He is into being a spectator. My dad and Scott took him to a couple of football games this past month as well and he LOVED it! It was a great idea too because the last one was after Luke was born and it gave him the opportunity to have his Dad and Papa's full attention as the big boy. He is such a joy. Now if only he would stop learning certain things at school like stupid and shut up. I do so hate that he speaks that way sometimes. We will continue to work with him on that but I guess those aren't 'bad' words, but I don't want them in his vocabulary.


My boys may look alike, but they are different. It is amazing how different they already are. Luke will tell you when he doesn't like something. He likes his swing, but Blake loved his swing. He would spend hours in there and fuss when you got him out. Luke not so much. He doesn't like it to move most of the time, but because of his reflux he has to sleep in it. Luke still wakes up all night long usually between 2-3 hours between feedings. Blake was already sleeping through the night. Luke is such a sweet baby though. He just likes what he likes. He likes sleeping in the rocking chair with one of us. Blake liked that too. :-) Blake loved his car seat, but Luke does not. Blake reminds me every time Luke fusses that he still likes his car seat. hehehe Luke is growing so big so fast. He changes everyday. He started rolling over from belly to back at 2 weeks and he still does it. I think it will stop when he starts getting a little chunkier. Blake did that too. I can't believe he is almost six weeks old. I am going to turn around and he is going to be 4 like Blake. I am so blessed. Both Blake and Luke are perfect. I have a wonderful husband and perfect boys. I can't ask for anything more.



Here is a pic of Blake and Luke with Santa. Blake was so funny. He had his verbal list in the car memorized, but froze when he saw Santa. He didn't remember all the things he wanted. He said, "UMMMM.. Let me think about it.... UMMMMM.... Let me think..." Then he listed a few things. He also spoke for Luke and told him what his baby brother wanted. Baby toys of course! Then we walked away and a few minutes later he said he forgot to tell Santa something. I thought he remembered something he wanted but he ran up to Santa and said, "Merry Christmas Santa!" My little boy forgot to tell him Merry Christmas. What a sweetie!





1 comment:

  1. Blake is so sweet to say Merry Christmas to Santa and then to want to buy such neat gifts for his friends. :)

    Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete