Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lots of updates

This morning we go and play our last Blastball games of the season. It has been a wonderful time this year. Blake really loves playing the game and he is actually getting really good. He tells us he hits the ball like Optimus Prime. Hey... Use whatever works. hehehe He is a little sad this morning that today is the last day. It won't be the same next season because baby Luke will be joining us. I think it will be better though and Blake is telling me he is going to teach Luke how to play blastball. (I haven't told him Luke won't be able to play for a couple more years. hehehe He can tell him all about it anyways.) Scott and I have loved coaching again. It is so great to be a part of this. I think Scott and I are going to coach as much as we can with the boys. There is no greater feeling you get than 'teaching' these kids how to play blastball. I love encouraging them and cheering them on when they succeed. I guess that is the teacher in me... (Last week, Scott put me on video taping duty though. Big meany! Something about his 8 1/2 month pregnant wife shouldn't be chasing the boys around. Sure... He just wants to have all the fun! LOL)


I am referring to the baby as Luke because Blake has his heart set on naming him that. I think it is very cute that he named his brother. There are no other options according to Blake. We even asked him if we could name him Optimus and he still said no! You know how much he loves transformers so he must know that Luke is the perfect name. :-) Anyways. Blake has really done some growing this fall. I am super proud of his accomplishments and he is really trying at school. He told me all about how apples go from apple seeds to apple trees yesterday. He even told me about what bees do with nectar. He is really starting to pay attention which is great! He had a rough transition when his fav teacher left and he got two new ones, but he is doing great now! I think that his school is a great place and he is learning a lot. He misses his friends when he is not there too. It is so strange to see kindergartners this year because when I see them I think, "Next year that will be Blake!" Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment