Friday, July 23, 2010

We made it 9 years!

Scott and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 14th of July.  We couldn't celebrate on that day this year because it was a Wednesday, but we did celebrate on Saturday.  Scott's mom watched the boys while we had a new experience together.  Both of us got a little dressier than we normally would have for date night. I actually wore a skirt!  That never happens so that was me dressed up. hehehe  Having a new experience together was great especially since we have actually been together for over 12 years.  We went to the Melting Pot and it was so much fun.  Scott had arranged a wonderful romantic surprise for me.  He had roses, balloons, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us at our table.  We started the four course meal off with a wonderful cheese fondue.  We dipped apples, bread, and veggies in that.  Then we had the most amazing Caesar salads ever!  Scott and I both loved them. Then we had the main course of shrimp, lobster, steak, chicken, tuna, and more I cannot remember.  I wasn't a big fan but Scott loved it so it worked out well.  Last, we had the most amazing chocolate ever.  It was new and not even on the menu yet.  It was snickers and had carmel, nuts, and peanut butter in it.  We dipped strawberries, bananas, brownies, cheesecake, and more yummy stuff in it.  The whole meal was wonderful, but the best part was spending it with my wonderful husband.  It was fun and new and we talked the whole time and not about the kids.  Yes, of course, they were mentioned, but the majority of the date was just about us which was great.  We have to take time for us sometimes and to remember how much we love and adore each other after all this time.  I have loved this man for most of my life.  He is the father of my two amazing children and the love of my life.  I look forward to the next 90 years with him. :-)  Here are some pics of the night.



Us at our secluded table.



The first course before we started.  I got so busy eating, I never took anymore of the food. LOL


Me with my yummy drink.  It was a special occasion after all.



Me and the love of my life.  I don't know what I would do without him.  MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment