Saturday, September 19, 2009

Night with friends

I was talking to a friend last night and she was telling me how much she appreciates that even though I am a mom and busy all the time that I make time for my friends. I had never really thought about it before, but I guess I try my best to for my friends and me. I then told her that I think having friend/adult time is very important to me. I believe making time for myself and enjoying my friends makes me a better mother. I also think having time with family and friends is important for Blake. He loves spending time with his aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas, and grandpa. (We really have no shortage of sitters. We are SO lucky.) He enjoys his time just as much as I enjoy my outings. I remember a time where I felt guilty about getting a sitter so Scott and I could go and do something. I don't know when that changed, but I would guess when he was no longer breakable in my eyes. :-) I was so worried about leaving him when he was younger, but pretty soon I could tell he loved seeing his family. I also realized how important the bond that he was developing is to him. When Scott and I decided to have children, we made a deal that we would try to have a date night at least once a month. We have been pretty good about it most months. I think it is important that we get this time to ourselves as well to work on our marriage too. Sometimes we spend our night out with friends and others we do a date alone. This past weekend we went to Joe T. Garcia's for dinner and Billy Bob's to see Clay Walker. I am 28 years old and have lived in DFW my entire life. I had never been to either place. Of course, I wait until I am 7 months pregnant. LOL It was a great time and I didn't get too tired. I watched people dance and have a great time just talking with friends and listening to music. I even danced with Carly who is a great dancer! She decided I needed to get out onto the dance floor because my hubby doesn't dance. (It doesn't bother me. I knew it when I married him and those people at Billy Bob's are serious dancers!) Let's just say I was winded after the first time around the dance floor and couldn't walk after the second. LOL It was so funny really! She didn't believe me. hehe It didn't even really bother me that it was pouring rain and we had to walk a long way to get to and from the door because the valet was full. It was a great night. Let's be honest. I won't get a chance to do that for a while once the baby comes. Thankfully I took two naps that day so I would make it until 2am! I hadn't seen that time in 7 months. LOL

1 comment:

  1. You party animal! :)

    I was a bridesmaid in my girlfriend's wedding when I was 7 months pregnant and I spent a lot of time on the dance floor! It was so fun and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it for a while after little man came. Glad you had fun! Those adult nights are important!

    ReplyDelete