Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Adventures of Luke

As I told you in our last post, Luke started solids.  Let's just say it has been an adventure.  He is so in charge.  He wants what he wants when he wants it!  LOL  He kinda tolerated solids at first and after a month now, he has started to like them.  His favorites so far have been squash and bananas.  He was not a fan of green beans at all, but that could be because Blake kept saying, "That is disgusting Mom!  EEEWWWWEEEE Gross!" in the background. hahahaha  I wish you could have seen Blake's face.  He was seriously disgusted.  He could not believe I was feeding that stuff to his brother.  I tried to give some for Blake to taste, but he didn't fall for it. hahaha  Here is a few pictures of him eating. :-)  We have now found Blake's small tabletop high chair which Luke prefers.  He kept getting out of the bumbo! LOL

Luke turned 7 months old this month.  This big baby is growing so fast!  He started sitting up right after he turned six months.  He has really gotten a lot more mobile.  He started reaching for me when I come near him.  I am his favorite after all. :-)  He is so alert.  He cracks me up because when he can't reach something with his hands, he tries to get it with his feet including the dog!  Too cute!  Thankfully, Trixie doesn't mind.  She loves Luke.  He has really been trying to pull up already.  He will pull up on my but he is still a little wobbly.  He has also gotten up on all fours in the crawl position but hasn't put it altogether yet.  I am ok with that! haha  He has such an amazing giggle.  Sometimes, Blake just looks at him and he giggles.  Makes my heart happy to see that.  He is a happy baby mostly.  He has really been teething.  I looked back at Blake's baby book and he had 11 teeth at his first year.  I am thinking Luke won't have that many since he still doesn't have any.   hahaha  I am staying home with the boys this summer and I have already realized that Luke HATES the car!  He protests the entire time mostly.  He cried so loud yesterday, Blake even said something.  He does not want to be in there and he will tell you all about it.  Just another way he is showing me he wants to be in charge. :-)  He is my strong willed little baby.  He went swimming for the first time at Auntie Lynne's house.  He was kinda tired and didn't want to sit in his floaty.  We went swimming again yesterday at Auntie Hah's house and he loved it!  As long as he was with me and not in the floaty. hehehe  I think I will be going and getting a smaller floaty for him.  Here are some pics of my little baby boy.
We actually got all of the family in this one.  You just can't see all our faces. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment