Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blake lost his first tooth!

The week before his 5th birthday, Blake lost his first tooth!  He was opening a water bottle with his teeth and it loosened it.  Yep.  A water bottle!  I was feeding Luke and Scott was golfing.  I am not a fan of teeth at all!  It was just dangling there so we waited for the dentist to tell us what to do.  We waited for two hours until Blake kept wiggling it and it was so lose it was barely hanging on.  I spoke to Uncle Genie and he gave me a tip to get it out without pain. (and the best part is that I couldn't see it! LOL)  He told me to put a washcloth in the freezer and then yank the tooth.  I did and it worked!  I wanted to throw up, but I kept my dinner in my tummy.  He was so brave, but scared to death.  I hadn't talked to him about his teeth so it took some getting used to.  He was sad for a little while, but he told me to pull it after a little while.  He actually was trying to pull it himself.  He says now that he has a joker smile because The Joker has a missing tooth there too on the Batman cartoon. :-) The tooth fairy visited Blake that night and he got $5!  The tooth fairy didn't realize what the going rate for teeth was so she overpaid for the first tooth. hehehe  Scott took Blake to the dentist and the dentist said the tooth must have already been loose because it was ready to come out anyways.  He also said that Blake will be losing the one next to it very soon.  You can already see the new tooth coming it.  That is a relief because I thought for sure he would be without a tooth for a year! 

Before.  Hard to get him to show me right after the tooth came loose.



Here is the loose tooth!  Can you see it just dangling there!  UUUGGGHHHH



Blake and his joker smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment